Evaluate your tax situation

How much does the IRS say you owe?

$125,000 $250,000
$125,000 $250,000
Do you have unfiled tax returns?

Evaluate your tax situation

By evaluating your tax situation, you can identify areas where you may be able to reduce your tax burden.

Not here? Tell us what we’re missing

Help More people find you and submit you business for a free listing in our network.

Delaware Tax Solutions

Years of financial hardship have taken their toll on Delaware citizens, leaving many in serious debt to the IRS. Even the improvements in the economy don’t make tax debt any less daunting.

Both the state Department of Revenue and the IRS have a number of tools at their disposal that enable them to collect the money owed to them by any means necessary.

This can be a scary prospect for those who don’t know how to navigate DE tax relief resources. Fortunately, there are plenty of educational websites and dedicated officials who can help you to understand how to protect yourself from the IRS.

IRS Collection Process

Whether you owe back taxes, or you made a filing mistake that led to accounting discrepancies, the IRS will start the collection process. This can begin with a series of official letters explaining your tax debt and giving you a due date for the amount that’s owed.

If you’re unable to pay this, they can place a tax lien against your assets, freeze your accounts, offset future refunds, and use wage garnishment to take a portion of your weekly paycheck.

It’s imperative that you contact them and let them know what you can pay and when you can pay it. Making an effort is always better than doing nothing.

Getting Tax Relief in Delaware

Fortunately, there are a number of resources that can help you to reduce the amount owed and to stop the aggressive collection process. When filing with a spouse who owes money to the IRS, you may be eligible for innocent spouse relief. This allows you to keep a portion of the refund or to separate your assets from those of your spouse.

An offer in compromise is another option that allows you to pay an income-based lump-sum that will absolve you of your debt.

Contact your local taxpayer advocate for more information on ways to financially protect yourself.