Evaluate your tax situation

How much does the IRS say you owe?

$125,000 $250,000
$125,000 $250,000
Do you have unfiled tax returns?

Evaluate your tax situation

By evaluating your tax situation, you can identify areas where you may be able to reduce your tax burden.

Not here? Tell us what we’re missing

Help More people find you and submit you business for a free listing in our network.

Tax issues have made their way through all fifty states, including Vermont and the other parts of New England. Back taxes can pose a hugely overwhelming issue for those who don’t know how to navigate the IRS. A VT taxpayer advocate can help you to understand your options and to get the information you need to fight back against predatory collection practices.

There are ways to protect yourself when you make educated decisions based on your options as a taxpayer. Don’t be intimidated by thousands of dollars in tax debt; learn how to fight back.

Ignoring the IRS Can Have Serious Consequences

The IRS doesn’t have to abide by legal collection processes. They can bypass a court order to take immediate possession of your assets when they believe that this will satisfy your debt. Usually, they start with a number of certified official letters prior to taking out tax liens or resorting to wage garnishment.

The best way to deal with tax debt is to be both proactive and well-informed. Do your research and understand your options prior to making any rash decisions. Always communicate with the IRS or a tax professional in order to understand the process.

How Can You Avoid A Lifelong Tax Debt?

There are times when tax debt can snowball into tens of thousands of dollars in a relatively short time. In these instances, it can be prudent to file an offer in compromise in order to reduce your tax debt based on your financial status.

Innocent spouse relief is another option for those suffering from the bad tax decisions of their husbands and wives. You don’t have to settle for a lifelong debt and live in fear of collections. Consider talking to a tax relief professional for more help.