Oops looks like
you're not logged in!

< Go Back

Login as a Guest

Login as a User

where to file offer in compromise

  1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Tax Relief
  4. >
  5. where to file offer in compromise
Asked: 2018-08-21 13:03:55
My friend told me I should file an offer in compromise because I owe back taxes but I can’t afford to pay them. Can someone tell me where to file?

Answered: 2018-08-22 04:26:23

If you go to the IRS website they have a prequalifier. I would check that out and start there. If you do qualify they will give you the next steps to follow. They also have a booklet you can print out with the forms you need.

Answered: 2018-08-22 02:54:21

https://www.irs.gov/payments/offer-in-compromise this explains everything you need to know about an offer in compromise. Read everything carefully and make sure you understand it.

Answered: 2018-08-22 16:52:31

You can file an offer in compromise on the IRS website.

Answered: 2018-08-22 12:12:06

If you are filing an offer in compromise because you owe back taxes, then I would probably file it with the people you owe back taxes to.

We want to listen to your answers